Glass ReSurfacer Stripper is an acid-based solution used to remove heavy mineral staining prior to using the Glass ReSurfacer Final Polish. This is a liquid stripper that should be applied with a cloth applicator. This product removes extremely difficult mineral stains such as silica, effectively reducing the amount of time necessary to achieve desired results when using Glass ReSurfacer Final Polish.
For use on both tempered and plate glass surfaces.
- Multi-Surface Synthetic Pads
- ReSurfacer Backer Pads
- Motorized Polisher
- Glass ReSurfacer® Polisher by Flex
- Glass ReSurfacer® Backer Pad – 6″
- Glass ReSurfacer® 6″ Pad
- Glass ReSurfacer Final Polish
- Microfiber Towel
- White Non-Abrasive Synthetic Pad
- The only complete solution specifically designed for exterior high-rise glass restoration projects
- Restores a severely stained window (6’ x 4’) in less than one hour
- Extremely detailed application instructions
- Works fast to decrease labor costs
- Easily transportable; no cumbersome equipment
- Repairs damage caused by failed glass restoration attempts
- Removes scratches and virtually any imperfection from glass
- Leaves no optical distortion
- No harsh abrasives or chemicals in Glass ReSurfacer Final Polish
- Produces a highly reflective finish on glass
- Eliminates need for glass replacement
|Glass ReSurfacer Stripper Product Info Chart|
600 – 1,000 sq. ft. per qt.
- Acid-resistant gloves
- Chemical goggles, face mask
- Access to clean water
- Window cleaning bucket, squeegee and brush
- Presto’s microfiber towels
Inspect areas for tinting or performance coatings that may be damaged or removed during the resurfacing process. Clean all glass, frames, gaskets or caulking joints to remove any dirt or sand that will scratch the glass.
Always test all products and combinations of products in a small, inconspicuous area in direct sunlight prior to use. The application of this product is optional. While it has performance benefits, the risk associated with using a strongly acidic product must be carefully considered.
This procedure should only be attempted by a highly experienced restoration technician trained in chemical handling. Before using this product, carefully read the MSDS, product precautions and application instructions. Be careful not to allow this product to come in contact with the body, clothing or safety equipment. Safety goggles and gloves must be used while handling this acidic product.
It is better to apply this product to a cool window in the shade than to a hot window in direct sunlight. High heat will cause the acid to become more concentrated due to evaporation. Product may burn hot glass. Use Glass ReSurfacer Final Polish to remove haze or burns.Apply product to windows using a clean window cleaning brush. Use caution so that product is not allowed to drip or run down the window onto adjacent building materials. Apply just enough product to keep the surface of the glass moist. Consistently agitate the surface of the glass with a lightly damp applicator brush. Allow product to remain on the glass until desired amount of mineral staining is removed. The product should remain in a liquid state on the glass for at least 5 minutes, but no more than 30 minutes.
To remove product from the glass, use a squeegee while holding the window cleaning brush under it to catch excess material. Use rags to soak up any excess product. Once the product is removed, use a water hose or window cleaning process to thoroughly rinse all surfaces that have been exposed. Carefully rinse tools when finished, and dispose of any used rags.
The glass will now be ready for the Glass ReSurfacer Final Polish process, which is necessary to produce a highly reflective finish on the glass.
Case Study: Heavily stained windows that require 4 man-hours to restore using Glass ReSurfacer Final Polish have been documented to take less than 1 man-hour when Glass ReSurfacer Stripper was applied first.
- There are over 160 types of glass available today. Each type of glass has slightly different characteristics and temperaments. This product has been tested on most, but not all, types of glass.
- This product should never be used on glass that has any type of exterior high performance coating (self cleaning glass or tinting) unless you wish to remove the coating.
- Take special precautions when using any acidic product such as Glass ReSurfacer Stripper.
- When using Glass ReSurfacer Stripper it is important not to allow the product to come into contact with any stone material such as precast. Stripper will clean the material changing its appearance in comparison to the rest of the building.