- Long lasting metal protection
- Fights stains and corrosion
- Helps to prevent frequent costly restoration
- Extremely damaged window mullions can be made to look new using Metal Protector HD
- Allows metal to be cleaned using only deionized water
For use on a variety of metal surfaces including, but not limited to, anodized aluminum, which is commonly found on window mullions, aluminum composite panels and painted or coated architectural surfaces.
- Gloves and goggles
- Absorbent microfiber or disposable towels
- Application sponge roller or brush
- Optional: HPLV Sprayer and chemical respirator mask
|Metal Protector HD Product Info Chart|
|Color||Milky white dries crystal clear|
For best adhesion and protection, first restore surface with Metal ReSurfacer® . Preparation of the surface is crucial to proper adhesion, and can be achieved with fine grit sandpaper or a solvent wipe.
If contaminants are not removed prior to use, the adhesion ability of Metal Protector may be compromised. Protect unintended surfaces. Always test in a small, inconspicuous area prior to application. Make sure all product residues are completely removed from the surface prior to the application of the Metal Protector.
Apply product with a sponge roller, paint brush or sprayer. This product is similar to the application of paint. This product can be diluted with water for spray applications.
For a highly polished and enhanced surface, apply product evenly to the surface using a fine mist sprayer such as a HPLV (High-Pressure, Low-Volume) sprayer. A fine sponge or paint brush can also be used but may leave brush strokes on the surface.
The coating will begin to cure within 15 minutes and will not fully cure for 48 hours. No liquids may come into contact with the surface during that time.
In most circumstances, protected metal surfaces can be cleaned using only deionized water.